Quotes of 'Loneliness'

Cyril Connolly :

"The dread of loneliness is greater than the fear of bondage, so we get married."

more quotes on Fear, Loneliness
Claude McKay :

"I know the dark delight of being strange,/ The penalty of difference in the crowd,/ The loneliness of wisdom among fools . . ."

more quotes on Loneliness
Edward Gibbon :

"The end comes when we no longer talk with ourselves. It is the end of genuine thinking and the beginning of the final loneliness."

more quotes on Beginning, Loneliness, Thinking
Edward Dahlberg :

"One cat in a house is a sign of loneliness, two of barrenness, and three of sodomy."

more quotes on House, Loneliness
Eugene O'Neill :

"Man's loneliness is but his fear of life."

more quotes on Fear, Life, Loneliness
Ernest Hemingway :

"I know the night is not the same as the day: that all things are different, that the things of the night cannot be explained in the day, because they do not then exist, and the night can be a dreadful time for lonely people once their loneliness has started."

more quotes on Loneliness, Time
Ernest Hemingway :

"Writing, at its best, is a lonely life. Organizations for writers palliate the writer's loneliness, but I doubt if they improve his writing. He grows in public stature as he sheds his loneliness and often his work deteriorates. For he does his work a"

more quotes on Doubt, Life, Loneliness, Public, Work, Writers
Eric Hoffer :

"It is loneliness that makes the loudest noise. This is true of men as of dogs."

more quotes on Loneliness, Men
Eric Hoffer :

"There is no loneliness greater than the loneliness of a failure. The failure is a stranger in his own house."

more quotes on House, Loneliness
Burton :

"You're very affected by your early life, ... I think if you've ever had that feeling of loneliness, of being an outsider or whatever, it doesn't leave you. You can be happy or successful or whatever, but that thing still stays inside you."

more quotes on Leave, Life, Loneliness