Quotes of 'Men'

Confucius :

"If I am walking with two other men, each of them I will serve as my teacher. I will pick out the good points of the one and imitate them, and the bad points of the other and correct them in myself."

more quotes on Men
Confucius :

"Only the wisest and stupidest of men never change."

more quotes on Change, Men
Confucius :

"Wisdom, compassion, and courage are the three universally recognized moral qualities of men."

more quotes on Courage, Men
Confucius :

"When we see men of a contrary character, we should turn inwards and examine ourselves."

more quotes on Men
Confucius :

"place where man laughs, sings, picks flowers, chases butterflies and pets birds, makes love with maidens, and plays with children. Here he spontaneously reveals his nature, the base as well as the noble. Here also he buries his sorrows and difficulties and cherishes his ideals and hopes. It is in the garden that men discover themselves. Indeed one discovers not only his real self but also his ideal self?he returns to his youth. Inevitably the garden is made the scene of man's merriment, escapades, romantic abandonment, spiritual awakening or the perfection of his finer self."

more quotes on Difficulties, Hopes , Love, Men, Nature
Confucius :

"Virtue is more to man than either water or fire. I have seen men die from treading on water and fire, but I have never seen a man die from treading the course of virtue."

more quotes on Fire, Men, Virtue, Water
Confucius :

"Without feelings of respect, what is there to distinguish men from beasts?"

more quotes on Men, Respect
Confucius :

"Without knowing the force of words, it is impossible to know men"

more quotes on Men, Words
Confucius :

"It is because men are prone to be partial towards those they love, unjust to those they hate, servile to those above them, and either harsh or overindulgent to those below them in station, poverty or distress, that it is difficult to find anyone capa"

more quotes on Hate, Love, Men, Poverty
Confucius :

"By nature, men are nearly alike; by practice, they get to be wide apart"

more quotes on Men, Nature, Practice